We are delighted to be recruiting for a number of Warehouse Team Leaders to joing our busy team in the Warehouse, working for our client who are a leading Sportwear and Fashion Retailer. They are based in a state-of-the-art warehouse distribution facility in Rochdale.
Reporting directly to the warehouse supervisor your primary objective will be to play a key role in the running of their busy fast paced warehouse distribution operation and help support the warehouse management team in reaching shift targets set in place.
What being a Warehouse Team Leader entails:
- Assisting the supervisor in the daily operation of the department to ensure the team achieves the required targets and SLA’s
- Taking responsibility for the daily identification and resolution of departmental operational issues.
- Working with colleagues to ensure they are fully conversant with all department processes and procedures highlighting any training requirements
- Clarify tasks with colleagues which they need to achieve to meet performance objectives and explain these clearly
- Participate in providing training and coaching for the department colleagues as a result of performance appraisals and development plans for direct reports
- Always ensure housekeeping standards, and safe systems of work are met and maintained in line with Health & Safety at Work Regulations and Company Health & Safety Policy.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills at all levels both with internal and external customers and colleagues and give specific and constructive feedback to managers, peers and colleagues.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties in line with the needs of the business
- To work as a warehouse operative with additional responsibilities overseeing a group of workers
- Ensure that the warehouse operative achieve daily KPI’s
Shift Times and Working hours for Warehouse Team Leaders:
- 4 on 4 off
- 06:00 - 18:00 or 18:00 - 06:00
What do we need from you to be a Warehouse Team Leader?
- Team Leader experience ideally within Warehousing & Distribution
- Ability to work towards KPIs within a fast paced warehouse environment
- Basic Knowledge of health and safety requirements in warehousing
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
Benefits of working as a Warehouse Team Leader for Assist Resourcing:
- 28 Days holiday every year
- Free parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Competitions and raffles throughout the year
- Team Leader and Supervisor development programme - real career progression!
- Temporary to Permanent opportunities
Click "Apply" today to hear from our recruitment team about this exciting opportunity!
Please note all Government guidelines in relation to COVID-19 must be adhered to. 2m distancing is required at all times, and all other safety requirements must be adhered to.
Please be aware, Assist Resourcing do NOT charge any fees for arranging work for you - if anyone asks you for money to organise an interview or assessment, please contact our HR team immediately.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search https://www.safer-jobs.com/