Assist Resourcing are looking for Class 2 Gritter drivers in the St Helens area to work for the local council during the winter months, driving Gritters. This jobs is based outside, and whilstever you will be given the relevant PPE (a huge hi-viz coat!), if you dont like working outside, this probably is not the job for you!
Working as a Class 2 Gritter driver...
- Driving a Gritter in all weathers
- Loading the vehicle with Rock Salt ready for your route
- Mounting and De-mounting ploughs as and when required
- Swapping the vehicle from being a Roadmender to Gritter as and when required
- Refuelling the gritter ready for the next shift
- Other related duties in line with the role
The shift times & working hours of a Class 2 Gritter driver:
- Various Shifts
- Early Mornings, Day Work and Evenings
Why should you work for Assist Resourcing as a Class 2 gritter driver?
- Ongoing support & training
- Free car parking onsite
- Paid holidays (PAYE drivers accrue up to 28 days a year)
- Weekly pay (Every Friday)
- 24 hour support from your Assist Team
What do we need from you to be a Class 2 gritter driver?
- Full HGV Class 2 driving licence
- Minimum 6 months experience
- 90 days tacho recorded driving in the last 280 days
- We will accept up to 6 points on your licence, but no DD, TT, DR, CD, IN endorsements
- Digi Tachograph Card & DCPC Card
If this role sounds like something you could do, or you have experience with gritting, we want to hear from you!
"Grit" in touch today to apply...