Assist Resourcing are currently seeking an Warehouse Shift Manager in the Wavertree area, to work for our client who are a leading 3PL supplier in the area. This is an exciting role and we would ask that you have some previous
Working as a Warehouse Shift Manager:
- Manage and motivate the shift team in order to ensure that productivity and service KPI’s are achieved or exceeded
- Manage all shift warehouse resource and activities to ensure that budgetary/financial KPI’s, and legislative/procedural and contractual commitments are met and ensure that stock integrity is maintained at all times.
- Ensure the highest possible levels of health, safety and hygiene are upheld so that legislative and quality requirements can be complied with, ensuring relevant paperwork is completed and retained
- Deliver communication briefings so that all Shift are aware of all Company and local issues and employees are able to offer input / improvements and feel involved
- Manage Goods Inwards area to ensure that receipts are made quickly and without damaging goods so that stock is available to satisfy orders
- Develop all team members so that their contributions to the Warehouse can be maximised and succession plan
- Carry out disciplinary / grievance interviews and investigations in line with Company procedure
- Monitor and control sickness absence levels in line with company policy and carry out return to work interviews effectively and efficiently
- Monitor and control time and attendance system - Man power planning, by ensuring the appropriate levels of overtime and agency workers to efficiently and cost effectively run the shift
- Enforce and adhere all Company policies and procedures
- Monitor and control training for teams, ensuring the correct amount of health & safety representation on shift, i.e. First Aiders, Fire Marshalls etc.
- Support the Site Manager in any ad-hoc duties within the Warehouse function
What do you need to be a Warehouse Shift Manager?
- Experience of managing people within an efficient warehouse operation, with strong stakeholder engagement skills to enable effective interaction with the client.
- You will also be a strong leader who is able to motivate and develop a team to deliver positive results.
- You will be energetic and enthusiastic with a results-driven, continuous improvement approach.
- Strong communication skills
- A proven leader with experience of managing a large team minimum of 20+ employees in a busy fast paced warehouse.
- Effectively manage staff
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Effectively prioritise work load in order to meet set deadlines
- A good standard of computer literacy, particularly Microsoft Office Applications i.e. Word and Excel or equivalent
- Able to work as part of a team or individually
- Proven experience of all aspects of people management including probationary, attendance, performance and disciplinary matters.
Hours of Work for a Warehouse Shift Manager:
- 4 on 4 off
- 07:00 - 19:00
- 19:00 - 07:00
Why should you work for Assist Resourcing as a Warehouse Shift Manager?
- Paid holidays (Accrue up to 28 days a year!)
- Weekly Pay (Every Friday)
- On the job trainingin relation to software and systems in use
- Onsite canteen & the use of a microwave/vending machines/hot drinks facilities
- Free onsite carparking
- 24 hour support from the Assist team
- Temporary to Permanent position for the right applicant
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person and would suit someone with previous management experience within a Warehouse setting.
To progress your application and speak to someone pre-application progression, please click "apply" today and our Regional Manager will be in touch to discuss this opportunity with you ASAP.