Assist Resourcing are looking for experienced Sawyers in Wigan to work for one of the UKs leading timber merchants and distributors.
Please note, you must have a C&G / NVQ or relevant experience operating Band Re-saws/Cross Cut & Multi-RIP Saws.
Working as a Sawyer:
As a Sawyer, you must be profficient in:
- Conversion of timber to consistent dimensions
- Using, Maintaining and Setting band re-saws/Cross Cut & Multi Rip Saws (Stenner, Robinson, Weinig, Stromab)
- Handling & grading timber
- Previous experience with western red cedar/ clear softwoods preferred
- Measuring Timber volumes (tallying & cubing)
Shift times & working hours for Sawyers…
- Days: Monday to Friday
- Hours: 08:00 - 16:30
- Overtime available on a Saturday (08:00 - 12:00) - This is optional!
Why should you work for Assist Resourcing as a Sawyer?
- Pension Scheme
- Paid holidays (Accrue up to 28 days a year!)
- Weekly Pay (Pay day every Friday)
- 24 hour support from the Assist team
- Temp to Perm opportunities
What do we need from you to be a Sawyer?
- You will have a suitable level of fitness due to the manual nature of the role
- You must be able to work independently and follow working orders and a picking/cutting list
- You should have a good H&S knowledge, and be able to stack and process timber safely
If you have the qualifications or experience required for this role, we would love to hear from you! We have immediate starts available.
Click to apply today and our team will be in touch ASAP to progress your application.