Assist Resourcing are looking for Operations Controllers in Knowsley to work for our client, a flexible, dynamic and reliable third-party logistics (3PL) provider with strong family values. They are a growing company who are focused on driving efficiency into the supply chain for their clients.
They are currently seeking an experienced Operations Controller to join the team in the Warehouse in Knowsley, supporting the Operations Managers to ensure that all service, cost and H&S targets are met (or indeed exceeded) whilst ensuring that all required house-keeping remains exceptional.
What does working as a Operations Controller entail?
To assist the Operations Manager in the day to day running of the operation across multiple shifts and department heads inclusive of, but not limited to internal: administration, payroll, transport, site security External: supplier, Customer with a collective goal to continuously improve.
- Manage the Operations Systems including TMS, WMS, ERP & various spreadsheets. Ensuring the smooth flow of activity as well as efficient workload balancing.
- Deputise on behalf of the Operations Manager when required ensuring all communicated management calls and required information is distributed effectively.
- To assist the Operations Manager in coordinating any challenges within the operation and communicating these across the multiple Team Leaders to maintain performance and continuously improve communication.
- Scheduling and supervising the activities and the functions of the warehouse staff including supporting the operations manager by deputising resource requirements against volume activity – multi-shift format and deployment
- To regularly attend and plan meetings and briefings as required.
- Ensuring the reporting provided by the Team Leaders is done so with validation and effective communication inclusive of, but not limited to, hour trackers and shift handovers.
- To communicate plans with the operations teams and ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
- To ensure compliance with the company’s Health & Safety policy and procedures through safe systems of work and practices, good housekeeping, and the provision of information.
- Maintain the training programmes of staff by supporting the training plan as provided by the Site management team.
- To keep and maintain records of team performance against plans and to advise Site Management of factors that may disrupt operations that cannot be resolved by the team Leader supporting where possible.
- To assist in the organisation of training and development for team leaders to constructively integrate, including on-the-job coaching and evaluating training effectiveness in terms of improved individual and team performance and the maximum flexibility of team members.
- To continuously monitor and ensure Team Leaders maintain customer facing booking schedules and tracking forms.
- To offer regular feedback, formal and informal, on team and individual performance, including behavioral issues and highlighting good performance and areas for further development. This is inclusive of file notes and minor investigations on behalf of the Shift Manager
- To assist the Operations Manager in controlling levels of planned and unplanned absence and take appropriate action to ensure cover, as necessary, and manage reductions of unacceptable levels.
- To participate as an active member of the management team, and to offer suggestions for solving problems, improving efficiency, customer and quality focus and team working.
Working hours for Operations Controllers:
- Full Time working hours
- Monday to Friday
- 06:00 - 14:00
- 14:00 - 22:00
- Will involve weekend work during busier times
Required skills for an Operations Controller:
- You will have a keen eye and a strong attention to detail
- You will work well under pressure and be capable of working to tight deadlines
- You will be PC literate and have the ability to work in Word, Excel and Outlook
- You will be flexible when it comes to working patterns
- Your communication skills will be strong and you will be able to liaise with different levels of people
- You will have an understanding or BRC
- You will be a driver of change and have the desire to promote good practice, report safety concerns and adhere to strict H&S standards
- Exciting Career Opportunity for the right individuals
- Clean and friendly environment
- Excellent holiday allowances
- Weekly Pay (get paid every Friday)
- Onsite canteen and the use of a microwave & vending machines and hot drinks facilities
- Free, secure onsite car parking
- 24-hour support from the on-site Assist team