Assist Resourcing are looking for Operations Managers in Knowsley to work for our client, a flexible, dynamic and reliable third-party logistics (3PL) provider with strong family values. They are a growing company who are focused on driving efficiency into the supply chain for their clients.
They are currently seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join the team in the Warehouse in Knowsley, supporting the Operations Managers to ensure that all service, cost and H&S targets are met (or indeed exceeded) whilst ensuring that all required house-keeping remains exceptional.
What does working as an Operations Manager entail?
Based at the site you will be an experienced Operations Manager, assisting the Senior Management Team implement, lead and develop a new bespoke operation.
Delivering exceptional service to our customers in a busy and demanding environment, you will be a highly motivated individual, with excellent organizational skills and know how to inspire and motivate others.
Overall delivery of the daily operating plan for all customers across the site to required cost and service parameters.
- Effective management and communication of operational change.
- Ensure depot adheres to/surpasses agreed SLA and KPIs.
- To promote proactive people management responses to change issues and initiatives to enable the depot to fulfil its responsibility to staff or, in pursuit of site or organisational aims and objectives.
- Coach and mentor team members and actively contribute to the identification of individual and depot training and development needs to meet organisational objectives.
- To manage a cohesive and effective management team, achieving consistency between shifts.
- Involved in disciplinaries and grievances when required with the support of Human Resources.
- To continually improve efficiencies and identify operational improvements.
- Develop the team to encourage and achieve continuous improvement methodologies in order to improve the profitability, service and efficiency of the site.
- Challenge current operating practices and implement initiatives that will value add.
- Ensure systems and procedures are ‘Fit for Purpose’ in order to deliver high performance
- To attend and contribute to depot groups and wider Company meetings, for example, the Health and Safety Committee, etc. To advise on the people and system implications, issues and responses to further the group’s strategies and objectives.
- Ensure strong and visible leadership in all aspects of Health and Safety management.
- Senior point of escalation at site level in the absence of the Regional General Manager.
- Full operational responsibility and decision-maker in the absence of the Regional General Manager.
- Initial point of contact for customers at site level.
- Full Time working hours
- Any 5 from 7 days (typically Monday to Friday)
- 06:00 to 14:00; or
- 14:000 to 22:00
- You will have a proven track record in Warehousing and Customer Management
- You will have experience in the site set up of a large warehouse
- You will have a strong track record in managing high volume, service driven warehouse operations
- You will have excellent communications skills at all levels
- You will be PC Literate - specifically Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- You will have the IOSH Management Safety Level 3 qualification
- You will have an understanding of BRC requirements
- Exciting Career Opportunity for the right individuals
- Clean and friendly environment
- Excellent holiday allowances
- Weekly Pay (get paid every Friday)
- Onsite canteen and the use of a microwave & vending machines and hot drinks facilities
- Free, secure onsite car parking
- 24-hour support from the on-site Assist team