We are delighted to be recruiting for a number of Warehouse Team Leaders to join our busy team in the Warehouse, working for our client who are a leading Sportwear and Fashion Retailer.
They are based in a state-of-the-art warehouse distribution facility in Rochdale.
Reporting directly to the warehouse supervisor your primary objective will be to play a key role in the running of their busy fast-paced warehouse distribution operation, and help support the warehouse management team in reaching shift targets set in place.
What being a Warehouse Team Leader entails:
- Assisting the supervisor in the daily operation of the department to ensure the team achieves the required targets and SLA’s
- Taking responsibility for the daily identification and resolution of departmental operational issues.
- Working with colleagues to ensure they are fully conversant with all department processes and procedures highlighting any training requirements
- Clarify tasks with colleagues which they need to achieve to meet performance objectives and explain these clearly
- Participate in providing training and coaching for the department colleagues as a result of performance appraisals and development plans for direct reports
- Always ensure housekeeping standards, and safe systems of work are met and maintained in line with Health & Safety at Work Regulations and Company Health & Safety Policy.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills at all levels both with internal and external customers and colleagues and give specific and constructive feedback to managers, peers and colleagues.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties in line with the needs of the business
- To work as a warehouse operative with additional responsibilities overseeing a group of workers
- Ensure that the warehouse operative achieve daily KPI’s
Shift Times and Working hours for Warehouse Team Leaders:
- 4 on 4 off shift pattern
What do we need from you to be a Warehouse Team Leader?
- Team Leader experience ideally within Warehousing & Distribution
- Ability to work towards KPIs within a fast-paced warehouse environment
- Basic Knowledge of health and safety requirements in warehousing
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
Benefits of working as a Warehouse Team Leader for Assist Resourcing:
- 28 Days holiday every year
- Free parking
- Subsidized canteen
- Competitions and raffles throughout the year
- Team Leader and Supervisor development programme - real career progression!
- Temporary to Permanent opportunities
Click "Apply" today to hear from our recruitment team about this exciting opportunity!