German Speaking Central Reservations Agent - Permanent
We delighted to recruiting for a experienced customer focused Reservations Agent to work in our clients UK and German Hotel Reservations Team on a full permanent contract based in Central London.
Reporting directly to the Central Reservations Manager UK & Germany & Assistant VP Sales & Marketing Manager for Europe Salary.
Hours of work are between 8am and 7pm Monday to Friday (shifts basis). Candidates must have previous experience within a reservation’s role within Hotel, Tourism or Travel and be fluent in both German and English.
The key duties of this role will be to ensure that an efficient and professional accommodation booking service is always provided across London, Germany and the rest of Europe, for the booking aparthotels, rooms and deluxe hotels. Together with high levels of customer service at all times.
- To answer the telephone and emails in a professional and personalised manner.
- To deal with all enquiries in a courteous and professional manner, taking every opportunity to close the sale.
- To maximise the hotel revenue and guest satisfaction by receiving, handling, and processing rooms reservations accurately.
- To display a clear and comprehensive knowledge of the hotels and their facilities, current service offerings, promotions, in-room offerings, current product inventory levels, inhouse activities or events and travel conditions.
- To record full and accurate details of bookings in accordance with Company and hotel procedures.
- To inform clients of the full terms of business, including the cancellation policy.
- To deal with complaints/problems efficiently and effectively, making every effort to resolve them.
- To perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Comply with all department, hotel, and company policies and procedures.
- Compliance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Excellent inter-departmental communication and co-operation
- Meeting CRO targets
Qualification & Experience
- Fluent Spoken and Written German & English Language is essential
- Previous Experience working with in the hotel, travel or tourism industries in a similar role is essential (I.E Hotel reception, room reservations) is essential
- Education – hospitality related qualification preferred but not essential
- Proficient IT user
- Protel/Opera PMS experience desirable but full training given
- Prior customer service and selling experience
- Previous experience of handling customer complaints/requests either on Hotel reception or a support centre is desirable
- Customer focused “No Problem” approach
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Excellent organisational skills
- Confident and courteous manner