Assist Resourcing UK Limited are delighted to be recruiting for an Experience Time Served Mechanic / Fitter to start work on a 6-month fixed term contract that will be reviewed with an opportunity to go permanent at our fabulous clients site based in St Helens.
Reporting to the Mower shop foreman you will be responsible for the inspection, maintenance and service of our clients’ vehicles, plant and machinery. This will include tractors, ride on mowers, strimmer’s, chainsaws, hedge cutters etc. Also, you will be required to assist with the operation of a small plant and tools store.
Duties to include
- Servicing of plant machinery to include tractors, ride on mowers, pedestrian mowers, strimmer’s, chain saws, hedge cutters.
- Scheduled and none scheduled repairs of horticultural vehicles and equipment
- Safety inspections of vehicles, machinery and equipment
- Assist in the operation of the plant and tool store on site
- Work with managers and supervisors on the suitability pf equipment
- Health & safety policies are complied with at all times
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent all round knowledge of all aspects of vehicle machinery servicing and repairing
- Ability to inspect and repair items of plant and machinery (mowers, strimmer’s, etc)
- Time served Mechanic
- City & Guilds Lever 3 (or Equivalent)
- HNC Motor Vehicle Repair (Desirable)
- Full Driving Licence
Hours of work
April to September 37 hours to 42 hours
October to March 37 hours
Length of contract - 6 months then it be reviewed with view to extend
This is a great opportunity to join a friendly team with an opportunity to work full time for a well known and respected department within the St Helens community,
To apply for this role please give us a call for a chat or apply on line and one of our team will give you a contact you to discuss in more details.
Benefits of role
- Pension scheme
- Career development
- Holiday Pay
- Weekly pay (Friday)
- Free Parking
- Supportive Assist Team
- Full site induction
- Temp to Perm
- Fixed Term 6 months minimum work
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search https://www.safer-jobs.com/