Time Served Mechanic / Fitter
Assist Resourcing UK Limited are delighted to be recruiting for an Experience Time Served Mechanic / Fitter to start work on a 6 month contract at our fabulous clients site based in St Helens.
Reporting to the mowershop foreman you will be responsible for the inspection, maintenance and service of our clients’ vehicles, plant and machinery. This will include tractors, ride on mowers, strimmer’s, chainsaws, hedge cutters etc. Also you will be required to assist with the operation of a small plant and tools store.
Duties to include
- Servicing of plant machinery to include tractors, ride on mowers, pedestrian mowers, strimmers, chain saws, hedge cutters.
- Scheduled and none scheduled repairs of horticultural vehicles and equipment
- Safety inspections of vehicles, machinery and equipment
- Assist in the operation of the plant and tool store on site
- Work with managers and supervisors on the suitability pf equipment
- Health & safety policies are complied with at all times
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent all round knowledge of all aspects of vehicle machinery servicing and repairing
- Ability to inspect and repair items of plant and machinery (mowers, strimmers, ect)
- Time served Mechanic
- City & Guilds Lever 3 (or Equivalent)
- HNC Motor Vehicle Repair (Desirable)
- Full Driving Licence
Hour of work
Hours of work April to September 37 hours to 42 hours ---- October to March 37 hours
Length of contract - 6 months then it be reviewed with view to extend
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search https://www.safer-jobs.com/