We are delighted to be recruiting for a number talented Warehouse Team Leaders to start work on a permanent contract for our fabulous client who are a leading Sportwear and Fashion Retailer based at their state-of-the-art distribution facility in Rochdale.
Reporting directly to the supervisor your primary objective will be to play a key role in the running of their busy fast paced distribution operation and support the management team in reaching shift targets that are in line with our clients’ health and safety policies.
Some of the key Responsibilities of this role will include
- Assisting the supervisor in the daily operation of the department to ensure the team achieves the required targets and SLA’s
- Take responsibility for the daily identification and resolution of departmental operational issues.
- Work with colleagues to ensure they are fully conversant with all department processes and procedures highlighting any training requirements
- Clarify tasks with colleagues which they need to achieve to meet performance objectives and explain these clearly
- Participate in providing training and coaching for the department colleagues as a result of performance appraisals and development plans for direct reports
- Always ensure housekeeping standards, and safe systems of work are met and maintained in line with Health & Safety at Work Regulations and Company Health & Safety Policy.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills at all levels both with internal and external customers and colleagues and give specific and constructive feedback to managers, peers and colleagues.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties in line with the needs of the business
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Team Leader experience ideally within Distribution
- Ability to work towards KPIs within a fast paced environment
- Basic Knowledge of health and safety requirements
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
Benefits for this role
- Competitive Salary
- 25% staff discount
- 28 Days holiday
- Free parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Employee Assistance
- Competitions and raffles throughout the year
- Team Leader and Supervisor development programme after probationary period
- Ongoing training and development and the chance to get a qualification - Apprenticeships
We are recruiting for both days and night shifts operating a 4 on 4 off pattern 6am-6pm / 6pm -6am, these are permanent roles.
So why not apply today and have a confidential chat about joining our client fantastic team.